Google Cloud Apigee API Management With Flexible Pay-As-You-Go Pricing Options
Google Cloud’s APIGEE introduces exciting pay-as-you-go options with 0 upfront costs
August 3, 2023
APIGEE is Google Cloud’s API management platform that allows you to deploy and produce modern, developer-friendly apps.
An API is simply a function library that transmits information across the web. For example, UBEREATS leverages GOOGLE MAPS APIs to depict how far away is your delicious pizza.
From a business perspective, APIGEE enables organizations to create meaningful digital experiences by offering the following features:
- Modern UI and seamless digitization for legacy applications:
- Enabling voice ordering
- Facilitating mobile payments
- Integrating various consumer apps and services
- Automation of API documentation featuring SmartDocs
- Monitoring capabilities for API security, troubleshooting, and optimization
In a nutshell, APIGEE facilitates the complete lifecycle management of APIs. Additionally, APIGEE functions as a proxy isolating app developers from back-end services. Consequently, businesses can change underlying servers or databases without impacting client apps.
Introducing the Pay-As-You-Go Pricing Model for APIGEE
Google Cloud recently announced a Pay-as-you-go pricing model that is exactly like it sounds:
- No hidden upfront costs
- No long-term commitments or “lock-in” contracts
- Improved flexibility for scaling
Dissecting the Pay-As-You-Go Pricing Structure
APIGEE Gateway Nodes
API traffic processed per minute translates into a cost.
A monthly summation of all the API analysis requests is another cost factor.
This is a classic usage-based cost component where the cost is a function of consumption (network egress, IP address, etc.)
The pay-as-you-go (PAYG) pricing model simply translates consumption into price. You pay what you use for: nothing more or less. For instance, your phone carrier uses a PAYG model which charges you based on minutes used.
Should You Consider the Pay-As-You-Go Model?
Broadly, APIGEE offers three pricing models:
- Evaluation plan – which is a 60-day free trial
- Subscription plans – ideal for predictable workloads across a time frame.
- Pay-as-you-go – ideal for starting small and establishing API trends (before moving to a subscription/slab-based pricing)
For startups and SMBs, the pay-as-you-go is a real game changer as enterprises can “test” the API waters with very nominal OPEX (operational expenditure)
Cloud Migration Fueled by D3V
APIGEE is just a drop in the ocean regarding the fascinating use cases cloud migration promises.
Migrating legacy infrastructure to a cloud provider is no walk in the park. It requires meticulous planning and a rigid DevOps framework.
At D3V, we revel in offering renowned cloud migration and DevOps services. Get in touch to have our Google Cloud certified cloud consultants look at your existing infrastructure for a free assessment.